Forget Blue Monday… It’s Brew Monday!
It’s no surprise that the third Monday of the month is known as Blue Monday. The Christmas celebrations are a distant memory, but your overdraft and credit card bills are a stark reminder that you’re still paying for it. It’s still winter and it’s nearly two weeks until payday.
If your New Year’s Resolution was to leave the safety of full-time employment to set up on your own in 2020, it might be worth knowing that today is also, ‘Brew Monday,’ a time to banish the blues we mentioned and take time out with a good old cuppa.
As a business owner, it’s not always easy to take five, which is why Brew Monday is the perfect excuse to make sure you do. In our view, here are a few other reasons too:
1. Running a new business is tough. When you start, you’re the bin emptier, accountant, PA, sales director, staff member and marketing guru – sometimes you just need to take a break to remind yourself you’re doing a great job.
2. It can be lonely. If you’ve left the corporate world to launch your new venture, you might miss the office ‘bants.’ Meet a friend or former colleague and tell them though that working for yourself means you don’t miss Beryl’s weekly email asking who’s been stealing her milk again from the kitchen!
3. Take time out over a cuppa to work on the business, not in it. Get planning, what’s your marketing look like, how are you getting new clients in, what content are you putting out on social media? When you’re so busy looking after your clients, this stuff can often get missed but it’s vital if you’re going to grow a successful business.
4. Recharge your batteries over a cuppa. Your phone doesn’t work without charging it, your car won’t start without fuel, you can’t operate if you’re running on empty.
5. Have a brew – because tea is ace and if like us you like a biscuit with your tea, you can even get biscuit flavoured tea. What’s not to love?!!!