Intensive Media Training
LEGS PR’s most popular course is designed to give participants real hands on experience of being interviewed and gives clients the necessary skills to carry them out both confidently and competently.
We start by giving a background on how reporters work, how to spot a story and how to avoid the traps to avoid when carrying out an interview. During the course attendees will also be given real life hands on, practical experience of:
- Pre-recorded commercial radio interviews
- Live BBC style interviews
- Pre-recorded TV interviews
- Live studio style TV interviews
We come to you with our radio, TV and studio equipment to make it as realistic as possible and if you don’t have a suitable venue we can arrange that for you instead. One to one coaching is also available for those senior leaders and managers with hectic diaries.
LEGS PR will work with you beforehand to ensure the course achieves your objectives and to make sure the tailored scenarios we use are relevant to your organisation or industry. Participants will get full feedback from the trainer, comprehensive training notes and a copy of their interviews retrospectively so they can watch them back in the comfort of their own home.
We are also happy to provide ongoing media support – so if you need a follow up practice session, media mentor or want to buy in our press office function LEGS PR can help.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand how the media operates
- Have had practical experience of carrying out radio and TV interviews, learning how to avoid the pitfalls and plan for difficult questions
- Understand the importance of key messages
- Have learnt how to maximise positive PR opportunities by spotting potential stories
- Have learnt how to plan for stories that could damage an organisation’s/company’s reputation