NHS Media Training
Our NHS media management courses have been specifically designed for GP’s, Sustainability Transformation Plan (STP) leaders, commissioners, and senior managers who want to learn how to manage the media during a period when the organisation is under severe financial pressure and undergoing radical change.
Designed and led by a practicing journalist and former NHS communications specialist, who managed communication during the reorganisation of health services in Stafford, our courses will teach participants about the skills and techniques to confidently get their message across to the media.
How we can help
If you are a GP leader spearheading collaborative working through a federation or vanguard, a commissioner leading primary care transformation/ a major system change or you are part of your area’s STP leadership team, our courses can help.
Whether you want to learn how the media operates, want help in raising your profile, require practical tips on speaking to the media, need to hone your radio and television interview techniques, or want to learn comprehensive crisis media management skills, this course is exactly what you need.
We start by giving you the background on how reporters operate, teach you how to spot a story both reactively and proactively, help you plan your communication, explain the traps to avoid when carrying out an interview during a time of transformational change and cut backs and emphasise the part social media increasingly plays. During the course you will also be given real hands on practical experience of carrying out:
- Pre-recorded commercial radio interviews
- Live BBC style interviews
- Pre-recorded TV interviews
- Live studio style TV interviews
There will also be comprehensive feedback and time for any questions. Course members will also be given media training notes and copies of their interviews will be sent to them after the training has been completed.
Course objectives and learning outcomes:
- By the end of the media training session course participants will have:
- Understood how the media operates
- Had practical experience of carrying out radio and TV interviews, learning how to avoid the pitfalls and plan for difficult questions during times of crisis
- Understood the importance of getting their key messages across
- Learnt how to maximise positive PR opportunities by spotting potential stories – remembering the NHS is about people and patients, not policies
- Learnt how to plan for stories that could damage the NHS’ reputation
Our Media Training Courses
15% Off ALL Training!
Our Black Friday offer for 2017 gives you 15% discount off ALL of our media training courses.
Simply book your training in November/December 2017 to qualify!